Adapting to the rapid rate of technological change is challenging enough. But it’s especially hard if you’re limited by legacy operations or technologies. In fact, nearly 90 percent of businesses are held back by legacy technologies, restricting them from accessing efficiencies and data insights that can help them thrive.
Getting Started with ServiceNow
For organizations looking to develop agile, streamlined processes and technologies, moving to a modern system is key. Starting fresh with a new platform like ServiceNow empowers teams to work more efficiently, reduces the burden of outdated processes, and drives greater success across departments. It’s not easy to transform your organization. But there are things you can do to make change less daunting. Let’s explore five things you need to know to start fresh with ServiceNow and set yourself up for excellent outcomes for years to come.
faster, cheaper, more reliable and transparent customer service and outcomes. Let’s explore three key factors that are causing companies across the transportation and logistics industry to increasingly depend on technology to drive innovation:
Understand and Communicate the Scope of Your Migration
Migrating to ServiceNow requires careful planning, execution, and training. First, business leaders must understand that moving to the Now Platform is both a technical project and a business project. Make sure leadership knows the full scope of the project—from the business processes to be impacted to the data and training that need to be considered. Then, seek input from a variety of stakeholders—including IT, HR, and customer service teams—to ensure that you’re improving across the entire organization.
You’ll also want to be sure to determine your top goals and which features you’d like to implement first. Identify areas where manual processes can be automated and the modules that will be most relevant to your needs and desired outcomes.
Customers know they can expect more
Before you start fresh with ServiceNow and dive straight into the migration process, be sure to identify the benefits of moving to ServiceNow as well as the risks of moving to a new tool. The following are some of the most powerful benefits of using ServiceNow:
- Improved Efficiency: Because ServiceNow automates many of the manual and repetitive tasks your team completes every day, it can empower them to spend more time on proactive efforts, improving efficiency and reducing the time it takes to complete tasks.
- Greater Visibility: With real-time insights into your business processes, your team can utilize ServiceNow to identify bottlenecks and make more data-driven decisions that improve performance across your organization.
- Enhanced Experiences: ServiceNow has a modern and intuitive interface that is easy for your users to implement into their daily tasks. Best of all, it can also be used to improve the customer experience.
- Streamlined Collaboration: The Now Platform offers a centralized location for all communication, document sharing, project management, and task management, enabling teams to collaborate more efficiently.
- Insights into Real-Time Analytics: Track KPIs and identify areas of improvement with real-time reporting and analytics that can improve decision-making and empower your team to improve continuously.
- Scalability: ServiceNow is highly scalable, which means organizations can start small and expand the platform over time. It can also be customized to meet business-specific needs across industries.
- Security: The Now Platform protects all customer data with multiple layers of physical and logical security, dedicated monitoring, and 24/7/365 response services. Beyond that, you can also utilize its products to further improve your internal security practices.
On top of identifying the pros of migration, you should also consider the potential risks and prepare for them. A Partner can offer an advisory team to help you build a comprehensive plan to overcome probable challenges. For example, the Crossfuze Advisory team provides vision and business case services, value management, and organizational change management to empower partners to plan ahead for potential risks like the chance they may lose data or experience downtime during migration.
Plan for Data Migration
Protecting the integrity of your data is crucial to your migration process. Review your current infrastructure and where your data lives, then take the time to identify what data you want to migrate, how it will be migrated, and who will be responsible for each step of the migration. Don’t forget to ensure that your data mapping is accurate, complete, and free of errors to ensure you don’t lose data or experience inconsistencies.
After you have defined your data migration procedures, test the process to ensure that there are no roadblocks or gaps. Migrate and validate a small data set, and perform a few rounds of testing to ensure that nothing has slipped through the cracks. Finally, define the plan for ongoing maintenance, testing, and management so everyone is on the same page.
Tailor ServiceNow to Your Needs
One of the best things about ServiceNow is how customizable it is. However, organizations must be careful not to utilize too many customizations. While there’s nothing wrong with customization, over customization could bloat the system and lead to challenges down the road. According to ServiceNow, the most successful customers are those that “limit their customization to clear, demonstrated business needs and avoid the management pitfalls that lead to excessive, unsustainable customization.”
Instead of using customization to tailor the platform to your needs, configuration may be better suited for your needs. Configuration doesn’t alter the baseline of your ServiceNow instance, which means you’re working with the platform instead of against it. With help from experts, you can determine whether configuration or customization is better for you, find the right configuration to maximize your instance, and align it with your business’s protocols and KPIs.
By taking these proactive steps now, you can ensure you are setting yourself up to take full advantage of the platform, maintain a healthy and well-managed instance, and upgrade to new releases and features in the future.
Develop a Comprehensive Training Plan
Your ServiceNow migration will only be as successful as your people’s use of the platform, which is what makes long-term training and enablement so important. Companies must develop a training plan that ensures their employees are not only comfortable with using ServiceNow but also know how to use it as efficiently as possible.
Whether an organization utilizes the learning options available through ServiceNow, develops its own training, or brings in third-party expertise for support, user training will result in greater adoption throughout the company—not to mention quicker digital transformation and an estimated 40 percent increase in productivity.
Rely on Migration Support from Crossfuze, a ServiceNow Elite Partner
Among other benefits, partnering with a ServiceNow Elite Partner like Crossfuze ensures your migration is covered from start to finish. If you’re searching for a ServiceNow Partner to help you drive digital transformation, upgrade from legacy systems, and achieve your goals, we’d love to hear from you. Crossfuze is a ServiceNow Elite Partner, making it a top 1 percent partner for delivering long-term, consistent success globally.
Reach out to us at LetsTalk@crossfuze.com to learn more.