Anyone who has been to the ServiceNow Knowledge conference knows, the event is packed to the brim with panels, workshops, labs, and networking. It may feel like a sensory overload at first, but you always leave energized, inspired, and filled with ideas for how to get more value from your ServiceNow investment.
On the other side of the pond, ServiceNow will be hosting a two-day conference on October 16-17, 2019 that captures the spirit and momentum of a Knowledge conference—but without quite the same larger-than-life feel. Not only is Now at Work a bit more manageable, but it’s also dynamic and inspiring in its own right. To ensure you get the most out of your Now at Work experience, we’ve put together some practical advice on how to survive—and thrive—at Now at Work:
1. Put on your digital transformation thinking cap: The theme of Now at Work is transforming workflows through digital automation, so be open to exploring new ideas about unlocking productivity and transforming the user experience. Don’t be afraid to ask, “What if…?” Even if a topic or idea is more complex than what your organization is willing or able to do right now, don’t be afraid to explore the possibility. Because when you know what’s possible in the long run, you’ll be better informed to take the right steps now to get there.
2. Come prepared with thought-provoking questions: When you attend panels and workshops, you shouldn’t be a fly on the wall. Everyone benefits when audience members ask thought-provoking questions that spark meaningful, in-depth discussions about a topic. You should ask pointed follow-up questions at every opportunity, such as:
Of all the factors that contributed to your success, which do you think is the most important?
What is one thing you regret about going down the path you did?
What is the most common question/comment you get about the issue you just described?
If you could do it all over again, what would you do differently?
Even the best speakers will not think to include certain pertinent insights and perspectives in their prepared remarks; it’s up to you to help draw it out of them!
PRO TIP: To help you remember key moments and people, whip out your phone and snap a photo. Those photos can help jog your memory later.
3. Be eyes on the ground for your team back home: The ideas and insights you learn at the conference will be beneficial to more than just you. Others in your organization need this information as well, which means it’s your job to gather those insights for everyone. Before you go, query your colleagues about what they want to know, and seek out answers for them. Take good notes and bring home ideas that others on your team might find intriguing.
4. Make friends with folks who can support and guide you: No matter how you slice it, it takes a village to get the most out of ServiceNow. In your day-to-day life, you build this village of support virtually—by participating in online forums, trainings, social media, and so forth. Now at Work is your ideal opportunity to build your village face to face. Everyone you meet at Now at Work will be eager to build mutually beneficial support networks. You should not only be striking up as many casual hallway conversations as possible but also attending the conference’s official networking events and looking for invites to evening parties. During your face-to-face interactions, you will be able to pick the brains of your implementation partners, peers, and thought leaders—with a casualness that you simply cannot do over the Internet.
5. Take advantage of hands-on workshops: Now at Work is much more encompassing than just listening to inspiring talks by thought leaders. You will be customizing your agenda, which means you should be taking advantage of hands-on opportunities to learn and grow that are relevant to you. Perhaps you want hands-on experience building enterprise workflow apps. Or maybe you want to try your hand at designing powerful digital workflows specific to your organization. When you attend Now at Work, you get to decide if you just want to get your feet wet, or if you want to dive deep. There are hands-on experiences for every level and interest.
6. Keep tabs on social media: If you feel you’re going to miss out because you can’t attend every session and event at once, fear not—social media is your best friend! Social media platforms like Twitter and LinkedIn will be popping with all kinds of quick bites about what your fellow attendees are learning, seeing, and experiencing. Use the hashtag #NowatWork19 to participate in what’s happening while you’re there, and follow the ServiceNow’s official Twitter handle, @Know365, devoted to sharing updates from Now at Work and other live events. You should be using social media to ensure you don’t miss out on anything important to you; just be sure not to use social media in place of in-person interactions!
Crossfuze is proud to be a sponsor of Now at Work. Please be sure to stop by the Crossfuze booth, where our expert implementation consultants can’t wait to talk about digital transformation and all things ServiceNow with you. And of course, we’ll have prizes and giveaways!
However, if you have a need or question that can’t wait until Now at Work, just reach out to us at LetsTalk@crossfuze.com.
See you there!
Don’t Forget to Share this post with Friends and Colleagues!
Related Blog Posts
2 minute read
Insight and Information from ServiceNow Knowledge 18